Friday, June 11, 2010

olly olly oxen free-what does that mean anyway?

Do you remember the last time you went out with a friend, or a group of friends and did nothing but talk and laugh? The last time you felt...you? Before last night, I couldn't. Angie and I can sneak away to a movie about 2 times a year, and other than that....nothing. Last night, I picked up a friend, and we did nothing. A whole evening without purpose. It was amazing. Ok well the purpose was for her to be able to talk things out about her life right now and for me to be a sounding board. I loved it. 4 hours. We got pizza, walked around a fabric store and other random places just talking, laughing, silence. We sat in my car from 9-11 just doing nothing really. I didn't realize how much I've missed that. Being a mom is great, but sometimes I don't feel like 'me.' I'm glad to see that somewhere, I'm still here. Ash has known me for 20 years (ok let's not talk about how creepy that number is) and she sees how dramatically different I am the last 5. And yet, by the end of the night, I didn't feel so different anymore. Maybe I'm not losing myself after all.

No comments: