Monday, August 30, 2010

new beginnings

so we survived week 1 of back to school for Chris. He has some new meds which seem to really be helping him to focus. YEAY! I love modern medicine. I've been getting up with him at 7 so that I can make him breakfast and be sure his lunch is packed. Having a full tummy makes for an easier afternoon. I feel like packing his lunch is healthier, even if they aren't the best lunches some days. It's definitely cheaper. He has worked so hard to lose those 40 pounds and keep them off, so I'm trying to keep his lunches well rounded and yummy.

Ava has her orientation tomorrow for preschool. I'm excited. Slightly sad. I know she will love it. She's very excited that she gets to go with her Hayden Buddy. Her bff Madison starts kindergarten today. I'm so sad for some reason. I love little Mads and can't believe she's old enough for KINDERGARTEN. She was 18 months when we moved in. She will love it. I hope she makes lots of friends.

Did I mention we are refinancing? We got a 3.875 and I can't wait to close. I'm used to the streamline process, where it's like...1 week later and you're closed. This time we went from FHA to Conv. and it feels like it's taking AGES. Ok so it's been like 10 days. We have a great loan officer at Zions Mortgage Line though, Angie Shaw, and it'll be fabulous.

I'm pretty excited about the rain we've had, and the slightly cooler temps. I believe that means that Fall is on its way. Sure it's due to get back up in the 90s later this week, but for today, I have the windows open, and tonight I will be picking from my in-laws garden and helping to can. HARVEST TIME!!!

No comments: