Sunday, March 14, 2010

toxic

This post probably belongs more on the girth blog than here, but I was already signed into this one...so here it lives.

I feel disgusting. And I'm totally wired. I'd pretty much given up soda the last 6 months, but this weekend we got some for Simon's party. I have had more coke zeros than I can even count. I'd forgotten how caffeine can keep me up for hours and hours long after I've had it. And even when I do finally sleep--it's restless. I am also parched. I've had a ton of water today to try to catch up with my thirst, but it doesn't seem to be working. Here is my pledge. No more binge eating and coke zeroing. (?) It's not good for the soul. the tummy. the weight loss (ugh no scales please) or the wallet.

I was concerned when I looked up at 7pm and could still see blue sky, that my kids bedtime would be difficult. I was determined that sun or no sun, their bed times stay between 7:30-8:30. I love my children, but they need the 12 hour sleep they get when they are down at a decent hour--and Chris and I decided that our marriage needed a couple hours a day that we can be together. If my kids are up until 10, they still get up at 7, but are cranky all day. I'm not sure why the magic 11-12 hours of sleep only happen if they fall asleep before 9, but I'm here to tell you it's true. Dinner was at 6:30 and 7:15 we did baths. At 7:45, I told Chris my goal was 8:00 for the kids to be in bed. I nursed Simon and he got Ava into jammies, dried her hair, read a story or two and by 8:30 both kids were sound asleep. TAKE THAT DAY LIGHT SAVINGS! I will be requesting that the curtains we just had to buy 3 months ago, finally get put up in Ava's room this week.

Simon's party went really well. At some point, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SIMON post will go up. First I have to sort through my pictures to find my favorites. What's a birthday post without pictures after all? He covered himself in bright green frosting--there are an insane amount of photos just from that. insane. Pam's quote "I wasn't sure what was funnier. Simon covering himself in frosting, or the number of pictures Deb kept taking of Simon covering himself in frosting" True story.

Off to take a tums or three and perhaps a benedryl?

1 comment:

B-Blogit said...

you speak the truth wise words to get them in bed before 9! easier said than done though but it holds true with my kids too! they are always in better moods when they get that much sleep!