Monday, April 5, 2010

So, Easter candy. Not really conducive to weight loss. So we'll skip the part where I admit to eating it. and also skip the Caramel popcorn chapter of last weekend.

Marathons. My sister runs 1/2 marathons all the time. This year, she's running her first full one. and so am I. Lissa is going to do the Layton Marathon in October, and I've committed to run with her. I haven't run long distance since the summer prior to Senior year. You know, with the Center Cross Country Team. I believe I lasted 2 weeks, 7 miles. My last practice, crazy coach grabbed my hand and had me sprint the last hill down to the track. I remember going to practice early in the morning, running hard and thinking I was surely going to die. Then, I'd come home sleep for 3 hours, wake up and eat a box of taquitos. I imagine it's the closest I'll ever get to understanding the life of a teen boy. Not much running has occurred since then. Close to zero-to be frank. Training week 1...has 3 miles every other day. I can do this? Right? The weather is warming up and that is surely to be a benefit to me. So, here's to my 1st training of a marathon. I'm stronger than I think. And with Lissa by my side, I can do this!

1 comment:

Craig Altom said...

What an incredible goal! I hope you stay with it and accomplish it! You're awesome!!