Thursday, July 7, 2011

Everything has happened so so fast, that I can't really breathe, and it doesn't feel real.
We decided that we needed to sell the house, since he has 2 more semesters left in school (16 credit hours each ughhh) we figured switching jobs isn't really an option until he graduates. Since we had set up an FSA for hospital bills and daycare at the beginning of the year, his paycheck alone is not enough to stay in the house and me be sane. I don't like having a house payment that is more than 35% of our take home. I've been very spoiled the last 5 years having it only 25%--Ramsey is so right on the money with that number. When my job ends, we'll lose a 1/3 of our income and so we're putting the house up for sale. I'm planning to have my replacement trained by the time I reach my 3rd trimester-aka the end of August. Chris's grandma has offered us her large basement apt to use while we have the house for sale. We figured we'd probably move when Chris graduates anyway, and selling a house before having twins seems easier of an option than after.
Joye-Chris's grandma-is insisting that we stay with her until after the twins come home. Shes concerned with Chris's crazy school/work schedule that I will be better there, and as much as I hate to admit it, she's 100% right. She lives just up the hill from the Hospital, and I'm already realizing I can't do our routine of Chris home from 10pm-8am and me handling the house and kids alone anymore. I'll have some help right there with me while he's living at Weber State the next 5 months finishing school.
We've been working very hard to get our "curb appeal" boosted, and have a few projects left on the inside. We plan to move out this weekend (and probably some of next week) massively clean the place, stage it and then list it. That way, the kids can't undo any of the hard work that goes into putting the house on the market. My ability to keep up is long gone, and they have figured it out. Seriously, if I step on ONE MORE BAND-AID WRAPPER. So there you have it.

No comments: