Monday, August 20, 2012

30 days...or 30 attempts at this thing?

So we are a week out from my "ripped in 30" phase 1.  I managed to do the dvd a whopping 2 times.  That's right.  So, we start again.  Finding the time - even though it's only 25 minutes - is the challenge.  25 minutes may not seem like a large amount of time, but for my kids to not need me for nearly half an hour, is a rare thing.  This isn't me saying that I'm not going to continue working out, it just means the idea of me transforming in 30 days is completely unattainable.  I have to remind myself of this.  It took me a good 10 months to put on the baby weight...and a couple months of cupcake indulgence once they were born...so the idea that I could make it all go away in one month is a crappy one.  Instead, I only promise to make changes one day at a time.  In my food choices. Drink choices. And by allowing myself the opportunity to say that it's ok if I'm not perfect in working out, or anything really. perfection is over-rated.

No comments: