Sunday, December 16, 2012

a new favorite for sure

It started with rock-a-bye, comforting when I’d cry, all in her own style.
Then popcorn before my eyes, turning frowns upside down into smiles
With songs of the birds up high, looking at the blue blue skies, the wind as it rushes by
And leading me guiding me, walking beside me, she helped me to walk in the light.
And she built my house on a rock and she lives all that she taught and she is all that a woman should be,
She put the music in me.
I knew He was really there, He heard my child’s prayer answering from up above.
She gave like a little stream, I was her sunbeam, and I felt my Savior’s love.
I saw her kneel in prayer with our family every day, listening to each whispered word.
Gentle in deed, and thought all the things Jesus taught, following promptings she heard.
And she lives to search, ponder, pray, and she gives every day,
So her thanks, will always be thanks indeed,
She put the music in me.
He made the tiny wings each little bird that sings in the leafy treetops up high and all creatures great and small I know God made them all, because of her sweet lullabies.
And she’s like stars shining bright, and helps me to chose the right, and she gives me the hope of a life yet to be,
She put the music in me.
She is so good to me.
Heavenly Father sent her to me and she taught me to lift up my voice and sing
She put the music in me.
She put the music in me.
She put the music in me.

 

No comments: