Saturday, November 17, 2012

disney on ice

For about three months in a row ava begged me to take her to "one day" see Disney on Ice. I surprised her today with tickets.  We went with our friends, Allison and Emi.  It was awesome.  We headed down early and had lunch at Charlie Chows in Salt Lake.  We grabbed some snacks at 7/11 and then headed over. The costumes were incredible.  I had warned Ava that I wasn't going to buy anything at the show.  The prices were ABSURD. $12 for a bag of cotton candy.  Seriously?  $22 for a small light up toy.  And the craziest part was that people were dropping like $200 easily all around me.  I couldn't believe it.  Maybe I'm too cheap for my own good.  I'd rather walk up to City Creek and get something from the Disney Store at 1/2 the price. Ok ok , I am too cheap for my own good. I promised Ava that when we're on our Disney Cruise in 2014, that she will get to choose souvenirs. 

I felt more normal today.  I got boughts of tiredness, but it wasn't as constant as yesterday.  I'm taking this as a good sign.  I also slept really well last night.  Even though I was up a few times with the babies, I was able to fall into a deep sleep once they had been settled. 

I feel like we've gone through a ridiculous amount of baby advil this month.  But then I have to remember that 1. the Ibuprofen bottles are 1/2 the size of Tylenol.  And 2. I have two babies that need it.  I should probably buy stock in Baby advil.  No teeth yet, but maybe they'll surface next week for the big birthday.  Speaking of which..I should probably start planning something for that. But let's face it, I'm not great at birthday celebrations.  I want to be, but really...


No comments: