Tuesday, April 28, 2009

starting over

So 2 years ago, Chris and I caught Ramsey fever and went on a debt free rampage. We sold stuff, we cut back on going out, started eating at home more, and put every extra penny toward paying off debt. We paid off almost $22,000 in the first 18 months, and having our car paid off by the 2 year mark seemed so achievable. It was really pretty incredible. When I got pregnant with Simon, we slowed things down to save up. I also got really really lazy with our budget and our once avalanche of a snowball--became a snowflake. We even signed up for a 0% Discover card to help hurry along the basement project. Not that I regret it, because I love the basement, but it still makes me sad to think we're backwards by a good $7,000. *sigh* What matters though, is that we're getting back on track. I started organizing things again, after spending the last 5 months flyin by the seat of our pants--as it were. Tomorrow I'm going to draft the official budget of May. Hopefully we'll get this snowball rollin, and be out of this mess by the end of the year. We'll see.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You can do it...three weeks I get to start again too...well at least catch up again...I am very excited...and again sorry you keep getting mail for me there...

Blog Archive