Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gateway Adventure

Today was the first day of the rest of my life. DRAMATIC MUCH?

So, while scrolling through my facebook newsfeed a couple of days ago, something caught my eye

"free day at the Discovery Gateway Museum-March 14th."

I sent Keri a text to see if she'd want to go with me, and being the brave soul she is, she said YES. So, today, we put together my snap-n-go twin stroller, and ventured to Salt Lake with 5 kids in tow. I have to say...we did pretty darn well!

My plan was to pick her up at 10:00, so of course this meant I was pulling out of my driveway at 10:05. We spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to make my babytrend stroller graco compatible--youtube worthy folks. Youtube worthy! We swung my Kmart for some lunchables and granola bars and made our way south.

The kids LOVED it. Ava and Jackie ran from place to place holding hands and laughing, "discovering." Simon spent most of the first hour a bit overwhelmed by the place. The twins were FANTASTIC and many people stopped to comment on how adorable they are. We spent time at every exhibit and I fell in love. My personal favorite is the Art Center on the 2nd floor. We spent a ton of time in there painting shamrocks. Do-a-dot paints are my new favorite, and are currently in my AMAZON.COM shopping cart. PURCHASE. I love one-click shopping--so addictive.

All in all we spent 3 hours at the museum, and only lost Simon once. I say this venture was a major success and gives me great hope to venture out again soon. I still think $100 is a bit high for a membership, but man I wouldn't mind going back again soon.

No comments: