Friday, May 25, 2012

What is the POINT?!?!

I have lost count of the number of times I have spent multiple hours cleaning my house this week.  But, honestly, it is a disaster.  It doesn't stay clean for more than 10 minutes anymore.  My children out number me, and they've figured it out. Example? While I was feeding the babies, Simon filled the tub with toilet paper and tooth paste.  Creating a massive paper mache in my bath tub and now it's in need of some serious liquid plumber.  Later, that same day, as I was cleaning the downstairs, he emptied 3 boxes of baby clothes all over the hall way.  They all know there's 4 against 1.  They're all equally pissed that they don't have 1:1 attention anymore.  They are all finding ways to let me know that I'm failing.  I look around the house and that is what I see.  Not a mess, but failure.  Because, usually, a mess just means I haven't been around to clean up.  But I have...every day...spent at least an hour getting it clean.  The fact that my kids have no respect for that time and effort and CONTINUE to just drop and go with their stuff...shows that I've failed to teach them respect for their belongings and respect for me, their mother.  I'm not really sure how to fix it. 
Aside from that, Simon was up from 3-8 last night. He had nightmares and night terrors, where he's screaming in his sleep and thrashing about.  So that meant the babies were up most of the night too. Chris is sick, so he was upstairs getting rest since he has to work today.  Ava woke up about 15 minutes after the boys fell asleep and every 15 minutes asks for a friend to come over.  I look at the house and think HELL TO THE NO.  No one is coming over when the house is like this.  I don't even want to be here.  Aside from that, my head is pounding and I can't see clearly, because I'm so incredibly tired that the room is spinning. Daddy took the car today,doesn't get home for at least 6 more hours... and since tomorrow is grocery day, we're down to rice, easy mac, and 1/2 a gallon of milk. wish us luck.

No comments: