Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

This was the first year of many that we did not spend the 4th camping in my parents backyard.  My folks went up to MT this year to celebrate my grandparents 60th anniversary. We will head up there in 2 weeks for a few days.

This was also the first year we have gone to a parade.  Rachel invited us to join them at the Kaysville parade this year.  We met up about 10, and headed over to the sweat fest.  I'm so grateful that I bought the shade tent at costco this year.  I take that thing EVERY WHERE, and once again, it saved the day.  The babies loved hanging out in the shade, watching all the commotion.  Ava and Simon had a blast squirting each other, yelling and waving for candy, and diving for gallons of salt water taffy.  Ava totally scored and ended up with about 20 necklaces compliments of Taco Time.  Even though I was covered in sweat by the end, it was a lot of fun, and I'm so glad we went.

Waiting for the parade to start
After the festivites on Main Street, we headed out to Hooper for a familiy BBQ.  The Godfrey clan was there, as well as Bec and Trav with Bryant.  Later, Annette's family and all her daughters families came out as well.  We had a blast.  Ava was in the pool for 6 hours!  We insisted on a dinner break from 5:30-6, so she could eat and dry out a bit.  As soon as that clock hit 6:00 though, she dove right back in. She cannot get enough of the pool.  Despite layers of sunscreen, she ended up with a pretty bright sun burn on her cheek bones. Thank goodness for sun shirt! I don't even want to THINK about what her back would look like if she'd have been in just a regular suit. (shudder)



Catching some serious AIR!
My new favorite photo of Simon
Oh man...so so red!



No comments: