Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saturday, Nat came up and went shopping with me. It was super fun! We took Simon with us and he was a sleepy shopper for 1/2 the trip, and I'd say a fairly content, patient shopper for the 2nd half. We got lots of fun and super yummy smelly candles, throw pillows, towels etc to make the house "pop" with accent colors and flow well with a theme. She's a genius. She and Bec both have homes that look perfect all.the.time. Bec just lives freaking far. Stupid Provo. We also did a power clean, and let me tell you that you haven't power cleaned until you've power cleaned with Nat. 3 hours have never gone so fast in my entire life. Yes from 4pm-7pm we did a number on my house. We moved the TV downstairs, moved the furniture, did the kitchen....no chaos was safe. chaos? caos? mmmmmm anyway you get the point.

Pretty much I've done zilch since then. Ava loves the candles everywhere and smells them daily...dare I say "huffs" them. I ran out of steam, and well...the honest truth is the next step is the office and it is TOTAL random crap that I have no idea what to pack and how. I'm sure to lose something vital, as it's the home of our cameras and computers and software. Sure we packed the books....all 10 boxes...that was safe. Now there's just...really expensive stuff, that if anything is misplaced will automatically be my fault. I can't handle that pressure. Can't. So, little by little I throw away the garbage and move a thing or two...but I know...I know any real time spent down here will get me to the electronic hell that exists here. I wonder if I can hide it all in file cabinets....

Ava was stung yesterday. She had virtually no swelling at all, and after a dose of Ibuprofin and Benedyl, and the placing of a bandaid went about her day as usual. This morning, the foot was partially swollen. So, I gave her another dose of each, because she was scratching away at it. Then we get to....tonight. Girlfriend has shrek foot and the swelling/red is headed up past the ankle to the leg. So, I dosed her again, and I packed her in the car to take her to the doc, per Hilary and Matt's suggestion. She passed out before we were even out of Clearfield City Limits. We were only going like 5 miles...and she was OUT. So, I drew a line on where the swelling had progressed, date and timed it on her skin so if it progresses, they can see how much/fast etc. Hopefully she doesn't wake up with shortness of breath. I'm trying to be in the space between under and over reaction....not really sure that exists. I took Simon for a stroller ride tonight to put him to sleep. he'd been rubbing his eyes for like 40 minutes and fighting sleep. So I bathed him and put him in cozy Moose jammies and started on a walk. It took 20 minutes for him to give in. My little tough guy! Well...time to face the music and do something....

No comments:

Blog Archive