Thursday, October 15, 2009

another midnight..another random blog

so for over a week the kids have been having really strange sleep patterns. Up late, then waking up at 2 hour intervals, and napping opposite of eachother...pretty much causing me to get just enough sleep to clench the sanity I have left. Then, today...Ava fell asleep at 7 and Simon went down about 9...so Chris and I watched a movie together...and about 10:45 headed to bed. And after being exhausted for days...I find myself lying there...eyes WIDE open and brain churning away. WHAT?!?! It's almost 12:30am and I'm suddenly fully awake. Is this some kind of voodoo karma?
A few good things did come from this however. I got to chat with an old college buddy. I was roaming my obsurdly large list of Facebook friends and writing on people's walls that I don't typically visit. I wrote on my old friend's wall--you should say hello facebook hater. A few minutes later...he wrote hello on my wall. We struck up a facebook chat and caught up for a few minutes on our lives. Alex was my "brother" from freshman year of college. He, Julie, Jennie, and I got to be really close. He started dating Anna and stayed close friends with us, which was really cool. Iw as also close to his roomies Booker an dCraig. Alex married Anna my sophomore year. Then, I left BYU-I and lost touch with him and Craig and Booker. Thanks to facebook, I have reconnected with Craig and now Alex. He was telling me about their soon to be 2 year old son, and it sounds like I'd better gear up for an adventure. Simon is 7 months already. SEVEN MONTHS! Soon, it will be him that's nearly causing his own concussion.
Anyway, it was great to hear from him and catch up. I love talking to my old group of friends. It makes me realize that I'm still in here somewhere. Beyond the week old ponytail, sweatpants, and stench of baby spit up....deep deep down, I'm still here. I may not be able to digest FRANKS anymore (so.so.sad) and need to have a couple tums as dessert...and need to use spell check on words and sometimes (eek) grammar...but a part of me is still here. And, if you're a mom, you're probably with me here when I say...that's DARN GOOD TO KNOW! I feel lost sometimes. Like, the girl I've always been is gone and I don't know the person on the other side of the mirror...but someone should get her a hairbrush and some facial cleanser. yikes! Ok well enough rambling. I'm going to lie back down now and force myself to relax.

2 comments:

Craig Altom said...

I'm glad you could find "you" sometime after midnight! I'm glad we can still stay in touch whether through facebook or blogs!

Phil and Cami said...

You must be a hammer because you hit that on the nail!
Hey, at least I still have the cheesy "why would you even think of such a lame joke let alone say it, wow and now your laughing at your own joke...laaaammmmeeee" side of me!
But, I totally know that feeling. In fact I was looking in the mirror today at quarter to five thinking, "Wow, how did I get here. I look older, have a flubby, nasty gut, it's almost five o'clock and I have yet to take a shower, brush my teeth, wash my face, or even brush my hair." Remember the good ol' college days? Sometimes I really miss them.
But, don't get me wrong. I love my boys, too, and I wouldn't go back and change a thing.

Blog Archive