Tuesday, November 18, 2008

end of my sanity rope

Ava has been getting up between 5-6am the past couple of weeks. She only sleeps about 9 hours a night now, which means I get between 6-7 on a good night where she isn't having bad dreams, and the baby isn't kicking my bladder fiercely.

This morning, Chris was so sweet and took her downstairs until 8 so that I could get in extra sleep. He needs the sleep more than I do, as he's coming into the last 4 weeks of the semester, but he did it anyway. He is amazing.

It's now almost 11am and I'm feeling about 2am. HOW DOES SHE DO THIS?!?! I realize she gets a long afternoon nap--generally 3 hours--and I don't...but still....ga!

How do I get her to sleep until the sun comes up? Any creative ideas? I can't do this much longer.

2 comments:

Bilary said...

I wish I had some magic cure for that fun phase. But my kids are early risers as well. I'm glad you got some extra sleep this morning though! :)

B-Blogit said...

that stinks!!!!!!!!!!! I know what it is like to have 2 kids 2 jobs and less sleep like that.
But i dont know what it is like to be prego...so i think you take the cake! kicking of the bladder im sure is just the tip of the iceburg.
YAY for Chris, us hubbies are good for things like that! Well I would hope all hubbies would do that anyway.

Blog Archive