so today i worked very hard in my yard. I cut back my mums, weeded, put down special dirt, and did mulch in the back. Special thank you to my fabulous neighbor Hilary for sharing their dinner with my family. Not only was it ridiculously delicious, but without it, my family would have surely starved, because I cannot move. My over-achieving attitude towards the flower beds has resulted in a soreness I have not ever before known, right to the hands even aching. And of course, there is not a Tylenol to be found. UGH! The saddest part is...I didn't even finish yet. I ran out of the special soil before I finished the front, and from how much mulch it took to do the back bed, I'd say there are about 6 more bags to do up front. I will say, however, that I know it will be worth it. The back looks SO much better. SO much better. And...hopefully, my bulbs will bloom in the spring. I planted tulips and some other flower I can't spell. Thanks to Mary for her bulb food--now they won't starve during winter. Thanks to Chris for helping me up the stairs tonight when I got about 6 from the top and pretty much decided that's where I would die. *yes, I am a bit of a drama queen*
Val flies in at 10 am .... wooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo! Get ready for some serious shenanigans.
p.s. the house is still a mess. ga! one back breaking--literally eh?--task at a time I suppose.
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (48)
- ► 2009 (123)
- So Wednesday, Val flew in from Portland. Her fligh...
- so today i worked very hard in my yard. I cut back...
- THANK YOU!!! for calming me down and for the refer...
- Ok I need some serious input here. My current OBG...
- Ava was playing in the bath for about 45 minutes t...
- end of my sanity rope
- Good news! Ava's runny nose is all better! I took ...
- new postage
- have a good laugh
- ava had a rough night last night. no fever. but a ...
- ▼ November (11)