Monday, March 16, 2009
I headed over to the NICU at 12:30 am to feed Simon. He fed for 25 minutes, awake. Then, fell asleep and was woken by his very unskilled mom as I struggled to get his legs back into the sleeper-wires and all after changing his diaper. He woke back up and for about 20 minutes was up looking around. At 2:10am, he had a 10 second seizure. As he turned his head to the far right, I wanted to scream NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but instead called out for Nicole-his NICU nurse. As he started to seize, I looked up at the clock to begin counting the seconds, and continued to call out for Nicole who was briefing another nurse on how he hadn't had a seizure in 34 hours ironically. I finally spit out--he's having one RIGHT NOW!!! By the time she got to the room, he had just finished, because it was such a short seizure. His vitals remained uneffected and in the normal levels. I'm not sure what this means as far as his ability to come home. I'll find out in a few hours. I just wanted to post while this was fresh in my mind.
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (48)
- no rhyme or reason
- Ava is so funny! She has this obsession with make...
- great evening
- 3 days and everyone is still alive!
- simon is home!
- quick update
- I headed over to the NICU at 12:30 am to feed Simo...
- so far, so good.
- updates on simon
- This morning, Simon may have had a seizure. We're...
- today's happenings
- let's see...what haven't I forgotten yet
- well, this is it. today...is the day. seems a bit...
- I'm sitting here watching the Sister of the Travel...
- seriously...so i was told the finish materials---m...
- thursday's to do
- so last night...a huge TO DO was crossed off my li...
- false labor=just as painful as real
- ▼ March (18)