Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I <3 snow basin

Last night, my throat began feeling like it was on FIRE. This morning, it's still sore. Ava seems to be getting better, which is good.

I was messaging Chris this morning and told him that I wish we had some chicken no0-noo soup...and he laughed, because Joye had just dropped off 2 containers of homemade chicken noo-noo soup at his office. He brought it home. Ava ate 2 bowls!!!!!!!! It's the first thing she has eaten in DAYS AND DAYS!!!!!! I was very excited and grateful for Joye making soup and thinking of our little family. It made my throat feel better, and it filled Ava's tummy!

Chris then asked if we wanted to do a car ride. That's usually code for, let's drive till Ava passes out. However, 30 minutes into the drive, Ava was still singing to herself, and we were in snow basin. It is GORGEOUS right now. The colors are amazingly flouresent and beyond anything I could properly describe. I've decided that our new goal is to live there. Facing the Cache National Forest. Who cares if 6 months of the year we'd be buried in the snow. The fall is AMAZING!!! Fall is my favorite time of year, and there is nothing more beautiful than scrub-oak trees in the fall. We took a little bit of a trail. Ava took charge and ran down the hill and just loved it! We didn't stay very long, since Chris had to get back to work, but it was a nice hour of "hooky" to get away from everything distracting and be trailmix for a while. I hope we go again before the end of the season, and get some good hiking and pictures in.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I felt all warm and happy after reading this post. I think I'm going to make travis eat soup with me and go on a drive to see the fall leaves. So you called me (sorry i got a new phone and just set up my voicemail today oops). What's up????? Oh and where do you look to find car seat safety ratings? Do you like travel systems? I'm trying to cure my ignorance.

Blog Archive