Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today I got to hear the baby's heart beat. It was pretty cool! I forgot how quickly it beats. Ava did so well. She didn't get upset at the doc for touching me...like she has in the past. She received 2 pair of gloves--her favorite--as a thank you for great behavior. Dr. Listor did bring up my weight as a concern. I'm negative 2 pounds, when I should be up 5 or so. She said that I need to be up 10 pounds by my next appointment...it's not that I'm doing anything to avoid gaining weight, I just have no appetite, and when I do get hungry, I fill up very quickly. Other than that, things seem to be going well.
My kitchen has stayed clean ... perhaps because we've been on the run for a few days. We've been spending a lot of time with Ash Mattocks--yea-and it's been really great having her so close. I also took Ava to Sandi's last night. We bottled 21 quarts of tomatos...and quit about 10pm. Ava stayed up the whole ride home so that she could make sure she had her daddy time. She hasn't gotten to have much time with Chris the past couple of weeks. His schedule is so demanding with school and work, and they are both having a really hard time adjusting. Ava just adores her daddy, and she misses him like crazy. She tells me all day long over and over with a sad face "daddy work". He's pretty amazing that he can do school and work and family. He's doing all that he can to give our family the best possible future. And when he's done with homwork he's 100% focused on Ava no matter how tired he is. It's really amazing. I have a real winner!

1 comment:

Bilary said...

I'm so glad that Chris is so good with Ava. So nice to have a helpful daddy.

And yay! You heard the heartbeat! That is always so much fun! I wouldn't worry too much about the weight thing. I lose weight throughout the entire first trimester and then stay about the same through the second trimester and make up for all of the weight in the end!:) I pack it on fast the last trimester. Everyone is different. You are doing great!

Oh, and what the heck are you doing out mowing your lawn? You stinker!

Blog Archive