Thursday, July 3, 2008

HGTV IS IN THE HOUSE

So we finally cracked and got Direct TV. It only adds $10 to our qwest bill, so we figured it would be worth it. Plus, if I have to watch Canadian infomercials one more day, I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind.

We have a new kitchen. Well-same cabinets and fixtures etc, but the walls have been painted. It's really pretty and you should probably come over to check it out. There's major touch up work that needs to be done, but I'm pretty sure if I could talk Chris into crown moulding, the amt of touch up work would decrease by like 98%. WORD!

Ava decided today that she is too big for morning naps. She also protested quite shrilly and loudly to her afternoon nap, but didn't not last long. It was a tad embarassing since the installer for Direct TV was still here, but sometimes a mother needs to stand her ground.

So newest upset in life. I purchased some dress up clothes for Ava today. Disney Princess of Sleeping Beauty--as I'm putting it on, it RIPS right up the seam....just shredded. Hey, how on earth are kids supposed to PLAY in this, if they can't even put it on without it falling apart. Dear Disney--START AGAIN! I realize I can take it back and blah blah, but it's really more the principle of the thing. What happened to the days where you could purchase quality products? They don't seem to exist anymore. I probably would have been better off with the Barbie Cheer outfit, but this one came with a crown. The one Madison has Angie got at the DOLLAR store, it's 3 years old and still AWESOME. Just goes to show...that Disney is crap. Lesson learned.

I cannot express how excited I am to have HGTV in my house. Things might get out of control, and I may begin to think that I'm a real life designer. It is your responsibility to remind me that I am, indeed, not a real life design star...

No comments:

Blog Archive