Friday, July 25, 2008

Leavin on a jet plane

So, last night, Sarah and I devised our plan. Her plane was going to take off at 10 am. We figured with traffic in Farmington, we'd leave at 7...and hopefull get there at 8, giving her time to get through security etc and have no stress about missing the flight. I didn't sleep at all. I kept waking up ever 45 minutes thinking I had over slept. I hate doing that! I stress myself out so badly. So at quarter to 7 I went downstairs to see if she was ready to load up, and the poor girl was still asleep. I woke her up and she packed the car in a mad dash. We woke up little Ava--poor baby--and put her sleepily in her car seat with some "milkies" for the trip. There was NO traffic. NONE. It was so bizzare. We got to the airport in record time. Ava caught onto what was happening and started to cry. I looked back and told her it would be ok and that Aunt Sarah would be back in a few weeks. She wiped her eyes and said...K BYE. As we drove off, she blew kisses to Sarah...and then one to every person directing the mad traffic at the drop off zone. It was adorable. We got home with NO traffic too. My assessment is that either Front Runner is packed-leaving I-15 bare, or people took today off to and are enjoying a 4 day weekend, perhaps it's a combo. But I've never gotten through Farmington with such ease. It was fabulous. I hope it stays that way. A no stress I-15 trip is the ONLY WAY to go now.

I still have some fabulous cupcakes if anyone will PLEASE come have some. They are soooooooooo good, but I can only eat one a day, and that leaves me with like 6 left. We even took some over to Matt and Angie last night and threatened them that if they didn't take some, we'd throw them at their house--ok I didn't...but Matt was pretty sure that we had put laxatives in them as a joke-instead of chocolate chips. I assured him they were laxative free...and they took some off our hands.

I am exhausted, and The Jayne is down for an early nap--and so I think I will catch a few winks between phone calls myself.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hey Deb,
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm also sorry on top of all your pregnancy problems that you've had the whole blog drama situation. I just want you to know if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Bilary said...

That is so hard when a fun aunt leaves after a fun visit.:( I guess now you just look forward to her return!!!

Those cupcakes were yummy! But I think I should bring YOU a plate of cookies next time we bake some. It's my turn to bring you a treat!

P.S. That would have been funny if you would have put laxatives in them - oh wait, now it wouldn't. I ate one. Never mind...:)hehehe

Blog Archive