Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ava and I finally made the batch of cookies I've been promising for --oh at least a month. It's not that I don't like baking cookies--it's that I'm not a great baker, and mix a 4 year old in with my lack of awesomeness and it's a bit of a disaster. They turned out better than they have in a LONG time. When I was pregnant with Simon, I baked cookies at least once a week. Resulting in the 180 pound Deb in the last trimester. I haven't made a decent batch since. Must be that the dough knows I don't want to make it, and don't love it. Love is key in cooking. So they say.
I should be putting the kids in bed, I'm just not sure I have it in me. The energy required to put 2 kids to bed, is off the charts. Even and sometimes ESPECIALLY when they're really tired. Maybe I'll just bundle them up and drive and drive and drive until they snore. Do I trust myself to stay awake through that drive is the question. Maybe if I fall asleep first...they'll follow along? ha. Or I'll wake up to my house on fire and my kids missing various limbs. Yeah, bad idea. the kids should fall asleep first...so enough blogging and off to wrestle up the courage to end a playdate, jammie up the kiddos and do this bed time thing!

No comments:

Blog Archive