Wednesday, January 19, 2011

now that's dedication

So, for the first time in a week, I made it back to the aquatic center. Let me tell you, the idea of going back to bed was ultra tempting, as I turned off the alarm. I looked out my window, and saw the light on across the street, and knew that just wasn't an option. Thank you, Mary, for being diligent so that I will be diligent. I did 15 minutes on the eliptical. 7 minutes forward. 7 back. I know that sounds wimpy, but seriously I was bored out of my mind at minute 1. I need to remember to bring music or something.
From there, I went to the weight room. I pulled some 5 pound weights and went into the hallway. I began my lunges, with curls and arm presses, like we used to do in the warehouse last January. Of course, I was using 12 pounders last year. I doubled my reps of arm curls and presses, to make up for my wimpy 5 pound ability. Need to build back up. As I'm half way down the hall, a trainer past me and said "Wow~ lunges in the hallway with weights, now THAT'S dedication." I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, so I just laughed and said "It's the only way I know." He commented, "No, really. It's best out here." and kept walking. I guess yeay me?!
I don't feel as awesomely worked out as I do after Rock Solid class, but I'm not as sore either. I did 15 minutes doing 3 reps of 10 on different weight machines. All the while, I'm picturing this self I saw in a dream this weekend. The self that fits her pants. I know she's there. I just have to whittle away the damage I've done.
St. George was so much fun. We hiked Zions. We played in Snow Canyon. Mom and I walked the outlets for nearly 3 hours. You wanna talk sore feet? Oh my gosh. Oh and the hips. Yeah, it was a workout ;)
Friday is a rocksolid class. Maybe I'll take an Ibuprofen as I walk out the door. Is that bad? No more sleeping in. No more excuses. And definitely no more staying up past 10. If I want to succeed I need a solid 8 hours of sleep. Exhaustion and stress are not conducive to weight loss.

No comments:

Blog Archive